April 14, 2018

Critical Creative Reflection

Wow. Making the critical reflection was probably more annoying than making the project itself. I just didn't know how to get my words out effectively. It probably took me like five or six different scripts before I finally created one that was serviceable. I didn't write five full scripts, I wrote a bunch of partial scripts and only finished one. But the trouble doesn't end there. It took me forever to successfully read my script. I'm talking well over an hour and a half. I messed up so many times I was considering making a blooper reel. Then I realized that would take too long, so I'm probably not going to bother. Maybe I will next time I'm bored, who knows.

The best part is that my internet was down today. The day my project was due. I was supposed to add all the video to my CCR today, but I had to change my plans due to this complication. Instead of doing a standard screen cast, I had to insert videos, pictures, and sounds we captured during the production process. I tried to make what I was showing be somewhat related to what I was speaking about, but there were times where I couldn't do that. In those situations, I did one of two things. Either I dragged in part of our film opening, or I created a drawing in Windows Paint to fill the gap. I wish I could've done the CCR I wanted to complete, but things didn't go my way. I mean, I'm sitting here at my grandparents' house uploading my CCR off of a flash drive onto this really old laptop just so I can upload the video to Google Drive. So, much like the conditions I'm uploading this in, my CCR is less than ideal. The audio itself is pretty good though, so just pay attention to that I guess.


Without further ado, here's my CCR.

Overall, this project was actually a pretty enjoyable experience. All the work we put in to make the film opening seemed kind of worth it. I also had a good time filming, editing, planning, and everything else. But then my internet went down and killed the good vibe. Can't let the haters keep you down though, this is Jacob signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment